4 Delta Pride Catfish Fillets
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 teaspoon Cajun/Creole seasoning
½ pound extra-sharp Vermont (white) cheddar, shredded
½ pound extra-sharp (yellow) cheddar, shredded
1 (7-ounce) jar pimientos, drained and finely chopped
½ cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon creole mustard
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon onion powder
1⁄ 8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 ripe tomato, sliced thin
1 loaf Texas toast bread
½ stick butter, melted
- HEAT nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- DRIZZLE fish with remaining olive oil, then dust with seasoning on each side. Cook seasoned fillets 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until brown, turning only once. Transfer to a plate and allow to cool slightly before cutting in half.
- PLACE cheeses, pimientos, mayonnaise, mustard and spices in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- HEAT a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Spread pimiento cheese on 8 pieces of bread. Add catfish and tomato to 4 of the bread slices, and top with remaining bread slices.
- BRUSH with melted butter and cook 3 minutes on each side, or until browned and sandwich is warmed through.