4 Delta Pride Catfish Fillets
¾ cup yellow cornmeal
¼ cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ teaspoon garlic powder
4 sandwich rolls
Butter or margarine
12 slices smoked bacon, cooked
Baby spinach leaves
Lemon Aioli Ingredients
½ cup mayonnaise
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon chives, chopped
3 tablespoons lemon juice
½ teaspoon lemon zest
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
IN A MEDIUM BOWL, mix all ingredients until well blended.
- COMBINE cornmeal, flour, salt, cayenne pepper and garlic powder.
- COAT catfish with cornmeal mixture, shaking off excess. Fill a large, heavy skillet half full with vegetable oil. Heat to 350° F.
- ADD catfish in single layer and fry until golden brown, about 5 to 6 minutes, depending on size.
- REMOVE and drain on paper towels.
- SPREAD butter on each side of rolls, and lightly brown in a large skillet.
- SMEAR toasted bread with Lemon Aïoli. Layer tomatoes, spinach, bacon and catfish on bread.