This single-serving dish is packed with flavor and nutrition. It’s the perfect meal for busy days and will leave you satisfied. Let’s get started on this tasty recipe!
This recipe is courtesy of The Catfish Institute.
To prepare the Catfish,
- 1 Delta Pride filet, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 Tablespoon Avocado Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 of a Bell Pepper, diced
To build the rest of the bowl,
- 1 cup Rice
- 1/2 cup Seasoned Black Beans
- 1/4 cup of Mexican Blend Cheese
- 1/2 Tomato, diced
- 1/2 Avocado, sliced
- 1 Green Onion, diced
- 1 Tablespoon Sour Cream
- Cilantro for garnish
- Heat up a skillet on medium heat. Add the oil, catfish and bell pepper. Cook until peppers start to soften and catfish is thoroughly cooked, about five minutes.
- While the catfish and peppers are cooking, heat up your rice and beans in the microwave.
- Lower your skillet heat to low and add cumin, paprika, salt, pepper, and onion powder to the catfish and peppers. Thoroughly mix in for about one minute, then turn off the heat.
- In whatever bowl you’d like to serve this dish in, add your rice as the bottom layer. Add beans next. Then add the catfish and peppers mixture.
- Top with cheese, tomato, avocado, green onion, and sour cream.