2 Delta Pride Catfish Fillets
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon blackening spice
1 dozen eggs, boiled, peeled and halved, with yolks separated
½ cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon creole mustard
2 tablespoons gherkins, finely diced
1 tablespoon capers
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh dill for garnish
- DRIZZLE both sides of catfish fillets with olive oil and sprinkle with blackening spice. Place fillets on grill rack or broiler pan rack.
- GRILL or broil fillets about 4 inches from heat source for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- REMOVE darkest edges of fillet for garnish. Flake remaining catfish into a bowl.
- ADD egg yolks, mayonnaise, mustards, gherkins and capers to flaked catfish. Stir well and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- FILL each egg with catfish mixture and garnish with small pieces of catfish and fresh dill.