6 Delta Pride Catfish Fillets, cut into large strips
Oil for frying
1½ cups all-purpose flour, divided
½ cup cornstarch
1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons salt
1 cup beer
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh lemon wedges
Tartar Sauce Ingredients
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon dill pickle, minced
2 ounces fresh parsley, finely chopped
1 tablespoon dried dill
1 tablespoon sweet relish
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon drained capers
Dash hot sauce
COMBINE all ingredients in a small bowl; stir to combine. Refrigerate any excess.
- In a deep fryer, heat oil to 375°F.
- COMBINE ½ cup flour, cornstarch, Cajun seasoning, baking powder and salt. Whisk in beer until smooth.
- PLACE remaining flour in a shallow bowl. Season fillets with salt and pepper, then lightly dust with flour.
- DIP fillets in beer batter, allowing excess to drip off. PLACE catfish in oil a few pieces at a time. Fry until well browned on all sides, about 3 minutes.
- REMOVE and drain on paper towels.
- SERVE with fresh lemon wedges, malt vinegar and Homemade Tartar Sauce for dipping.